Waking up every day (well - most days) striving to be the best parent I can be


and even if I'm not earning an "A," I'm finding the humor in every day moments


and situations.




Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Summer Wrap-Up

As I prepare to wrap up my second full month of blogging, I wanted to give a shout out to some of the places I have referenced in the blog and to some that I should have.

Secret Service and I had a good shopping experience at K & G Fashion Superstore http://www.kgmens.com/ and I would recommend it to those looking for boys or menswear. The one we went to had an independent tailor shop within it, which made it super convenient. Also, we found a great selection of reasonably priced men's dress shoes at http://offbroadwayshoes.com/ Off Broadway Shoes. Those of you with teenagers know that their feet grow before the rest of their body and when Secret and I took the shoes to the counter to pay, the salesclerk looked surprised. She glanced at the size 9 (!) shoes and at Secret, who is holding steady at about 5'2" and said, "Are these for him?" On the way home, Secret, impressed by the size of his own feet, asked me if I'd ever heard that shoe size was related to . . . I acknowledged that I'd heard that, but didn't think there was truth in it. Still, I could tell he was hopeful.

I haven't been browsing http://foodnetwork.com/ the Food Network site as much since having to singlehandedly eat Paula Deens' spaghetti pie for five days, but I still recommend it when you are looking for inspiration for something new to cook.

This summer, did anyone watch http://nbc.com/americas-got-talent/ America's Got Talent? It became a ritual for our family to sit down together. We all had our favorite acts, but I have to admit that Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr. was my man from the beginning. I can't remember the last time I bought music but when he releases an album, I'm lining up. There is something about his humble personality, rags to riches story and unexpected talent that just makes me smile.

It's Autumn. Any traditions or rituals that you enjoy this time of year?

1 comment:

  1. You know what they say about a man with big feet? Big shoes!!

    ReplyDelete